MODWOOD DECKING FLAME SHIELD SILVER GUM 137X23MM 5.4M
Up until now, the available options of suitable BAL 40 rated decking boards for use in bushfire-prone areas has been limited. The introduction of ModWood Flame Shield® changes this. A specially formulated ModWood with a fire retardant additive included in its manufacturing process, Flame Shield® gives you a traditional decking look and feel in a choice of four colours.
Designed in Australia for our harsh conditions, ModWood Flame Shield® decking has been manufactured to withstand warping, cracking or splintering under normal conditions. With a superior level of UV stability, ModWood decking is highly resistant to weather, moisture and termite attack. This makes it particularly suited around pool or spa areas. Underfoot, ModWood Flame Shield® feels firm and strong, with a deep embossed pattern on the surface of the board to improve slip resistance.
The ModWood Natural Grain Collection is inspired by the colours and grains found in natural timbers. Each board exhibits an embossed (grain) finish on the surface of both faces, one side has a ‘smooth’ face, the other a ‘brushed’ face.
ModWood Flame Shield® requires no sanding, sealing or painting for long term protection. However, it does undergo some weathering when exposed to the elements, eventually turning a silver-grey as any exposed timber does. Given it’s a wood-based product, you can optionally coat it for protection with selected conventional oil-based decking stains and oils (contact ModWood for a list of approved coatings).
Flame Shield® has the highest bushfire attack level (BAL) rating compared to other timber based decking in the Australian marketplace. With a BAL 40 rating, it can also be used in BAL 12.5, BAL 19 and BAL 29 rated zones.
With a high content of recycled materials (including plastic milk bottles), the ModWood manufacturing process leaves a very small environmental footprint. The reclaimed pine waste wood fibre used in the manufacturing process originates from AFS (Australian Forestry Standard) certified plantation grown, sustainably managed pine.
Choose and use with confidence, knowing that Flame Shield® has been designed for the harsh Australian environment. Backed by a 10 year limited residential warranty or a 7 year limited commercial warranty, you can expect your ModWood deck to withstand the wear and tear of daily life.
- 137mm x 23mm finished size
- 5400mm in length
- Silver gum colour
- High performance composite decking with a traditional look and feel
- Bushfire attack level rating of BAL 40
- Certified for use BAL 12.5, BAL 19, BAL 29 and BAL 40
- Durability with minimal maintenance
- Deep embossed pattern improves slip resistance, manufactured to R11
- Child friendly as it does not splinter
- Unaffected by salt water, suitable for non-submersed marine environments
- Easy to work with, no special tools are required
- One smooth side, one brushed side
- Edge groove to take optional KlevaKlip concealed fixing system
- Suitable for exterior, above ground applications
- Approximately 90% of materials used to manufacture are either recycled or reclaimed
- Australian designed, manufactured and tested
- Limited 10 year residential warranty, limited 7 year commercial warranty
Available by special order. Speak to us about a better price when you buy a pack of 50.